Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ninja Proof. Ninja Safe.

First things first. I thought this was the most amusing bill-board-type advertisement I had ever seen! My dad and I were about to drive onto the freeway but I begged him to turn around so I could go take a picture of this. When people see or hear the word "ninja," some feeling of awe and admiration immediately pops into mind. I think our society has stuck certain awe-inspiring, death defying definitions onto "ninja." Here are some definitions UrbanDictionary.com—a website that has society's definition of words—gives:

1) Ninja:
Bullets can't kill a ninja, in fact, bullets dodge ninjas.
Only a ninja can kill a ninja, regular humans are useless.
Ninjas can breath underwater anytime they want.
Ninjas can change clothes in less than 1 second.
Ninjas use smoke bombs.
Ninjas always land on their feet.
Ninjas can crush golfballs with two fingers, any two fingers.

2) Ninjas
Can split planks vertically with their nose.
Can remove shadow if needed.
In an average living room, there are 1,300 objects ninjas could use to kill you–including the room itself.
Ninjas are masters of disguise.
Ninjas can speak in Wingdings.

3) Ninja
A mercenary or warrior who it trained in the art of ninjutsu or a Japanese martial-arts style which involves stealth, speed, mastery of various weapons and efficient and deadly combat tactics.

A ninja's movement was like the water rippling against the disemboweled corpse of the samurai who dared to challenge him.

Many of these definitions and descriptions are awe inspiring. Some of the actions people say ninjas can do are pretty much impossible and of superhuman quality. Bay Alarm is using society's definitions to help their advertising. If a ninja who is a master of disguise and has super human strength, stealth and speed can't get past their alarm system, who can?

3 comments:

  1. This is very humorous. But the question here is, "can the alarm system stand up to karli chings ninja ness?" By my definition, I think a ninja is more of that small and short, tiny Asian that can be wearing hot pink pants and a lime green top (don't judge my fashion sense) with shiny gold shoes and could totally scare the potstickers out of someone. Just ask Shvidchenko, he always calls me a ninja :)) so, mr ninja Mitchell, would you agree with this definition?

    Very well done by the way :) I like the billboard a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ello Karli! That is quite an interesting definition you have there...ahhaha! Hot pink pants, lime green top, shiny gold--errr no, I don't think I agree with your definition.

    But anyways, thank you (: I also liked the billboard and thought it was an amazing way for Bay Alarm to advertise their product. I would totally go and check out Bay Alarm Systems just because I saw this ad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asians are ninjas. I think they're aiming this alarm system at Asians. You are Asian. This "ninja" term has compelled you to buy...

      Delete