Saturday, December 1, 2012

PSY + Tom Cruise = Too Much Awesome.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/11/28/5014968/rapper-psy-wants-tom-cruise-to.html

I was doing my current event for Mr. Wong and I happened to come across this article. Probably almost everyone in the world knows about PSY's Gangnam Style. With 850m views and counting, it is the most famous and viewed video on YouTube. PSY was at a press conference and he was asked the question, "If you could have any celebrity come and dance your dance with you, who would it be?" PSY answered, "I would pick Tom Cruise." I thought it was interesting he chose Tom Cruise. Both PSY and Tom Cruise are pretty famous for various reasons. If Tom Cruise and PSY both danced in a video, it would make them both become a little more famous. Personally, I would definitely want watch PSY and Tom Cruise dance Gangnam Style. That would be hilarious! 

In a way, I think this was subtle advertising for PSY's video and the reputation for both of the Stars. If people don't know about something, what greater way is there to advertise than in a newspaper! I think this is effective advertising because it is just subtle enough to get lodged into your brain without knowing it was advertising. 

No comments:

Post a Comment