Thursday, December 27, 2012

Are You Living with a Paper Monster?




On the top panel of the ad, it show a messy, chaotic desk with a monster made of paper. Ahhh what a nightmare that would be. To bad we can't do anything about it--oh wait, yes you can! Underneath the upper panel it shows a nice, neat contraption: The NeatDesk. The NeatDesk is a desktop scanner that allows you to scan documents and have an ultimately neater desk, one without a paper monster. 

This ad uses Need to Achieve. Many people are too lazy to take the time and effort to clean up their desk. The advertisers are saying that with this Neat thingydoodad, it is easy to clean up all the papers on your desk. You can achieve a clean-desk status! 

I think this ad is effective because provided a simple solution to a messy desk. Just scan papers here and wah-laa! All neat. 

2 comments:

  1. All I'm curious is whether or not that thingy really works.
    I mean, that is one ugly paper monster. But I feel like ads like this just completely over exaggerate what the reality of the situation is. Notice, how they don't mention that this "paper monster" is the cause of human error? That human error is LAZINESSSSSSSS..... (that will be me in the next 10 years lol no one will want to room with me or marry with me LLOOOLLLLL) They don't mention that it's human laziness that causes this problem. It's because they don't want to feel like the consumer can just fix their problem by not being lazy. They want them to continue being lazy so that they will go out and buy their product that probably doesn't work very well :) it's a whole trap, but they probably have most people tied into it >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you turn a messy desk into a neat computer? I personally am not a tech savy girl, so its easier for me to just have paper, but to each their own. I do think this ad was effective though. Sometimes my messy desk does look like an ominous monster waiting to eat me. Anyway, i thought it was good and would be convinced if not for my handicap.

    ReplyDelete