Sunday, December 16, 2012

Aveeno Active Naturals

I also saw this ad in the Better Homes and Gardens magazine. 



On this ad, a woman with flawless skin is shown. This Aveeno Active Naturals contains the appeal of need for attention. Not to be stereotypical, but women care a lot about their appearance. How their skin looks is something of importance. This ad shows a woman with flawless skin and on the side of her picture, the ad states 3 things:

  • "works in harmony with your skin's unique chemistry to speed the renewal process"
  • "94% of women saw improved firmness, fine lines or elasticity 
  • reveals younger-looking skin, naturally beautiful skin
I think the target audience for this ad is women from age 30 on up. I mean, who doesn't want to look younger? The advertisers are saying that you could get ride of lines, wrinkles and spots so your skins looks younger. It doesn't actually make your skin your skin younger, it only makes it look younger. Also, it says on the side Shiitake Complex. What the heck is that? That is the need to satisfy curiosity. It makes you wonder what in the world Shiitake Complex is and makes you want to buy the product out of curiosity to see what it does. 

I think this ad is effective because of the statistic "94% of women saw improved..." If I was a women and I was concerned about my skin, I would buy this because the statistic convinced me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment