Thursday, December 27, 2012

McDonald's Happy Meal Ad



Ew McDonalds...lets see hmm well first things first, the target audience are moms with young girls. On the ad, it shows a happy young girl holding a Happy Meal being hugged by her mom. When moms to see this, the advertisers want the moms to think: "I want to buy this so my little girl is happy too!" and go buy a Happy Meal. 

Also, for every 'i' in the text, they replace the dot with a heart. I think this contributes to the Need to Nurture because as you read the text, you see that when you purchase a Happy Meal, the Ronald McDonald House Program donates money to help families find hope and a home. But how much money do they donate? I looked over the ad and at first I thought it didn't say anything about it, but as I looked over it again I saw in a very small print almost matching the background colour that the Program donates a penny for every Happy Meal sold. A penny...that isn't a lot. Makes my need-to-nurture feelings go away. 

All in all I think this ad is quite effective. Its use of Appeals and word choice in the text made me want to go buy Happy Meals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment